Tuesday, November 3, 2009

They Just Keep Coming and Coming!

Two reports in so many days!

The report on Young Bermudian Black Males and the Bermuda First Report released today are both key reports that will dictate much of the policy as Bermuda moves forward.

I hope to give my own opinions on the two reports in the coming days, it certainly is a lot to read.

The important thing is that these reports are actually acted upon. There is no good commissioning report after report, coming to profound conclusions about the issues that affect our country and then letting the recommendations go unheeded. The head of the team that wrote the report said it best when he said:

"I am a researcher and I enjoy what I do but I want to see what you do with my study."

"Do you need another study and another study? Do something with it. Act."

Hopefully that is exactly what our government will do.

Wishful Thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment