Monday, September 14, 2009

My Raison D'Etre

While perhaps this should have come first, I'd rather get straight to what this blog is supposed to be about than give an introduction. Now that I've christened the blog however I can get around to introducing my Raison D'Etre.

I have always taken an intrest in current events, most of all in my home country of Bermuda but, it is only recently that I discovered a whole new area of political discussion other than over lunch with a few close friends in the blogging world. I began by reading, absorbing different views and opinions and eventually using them to add to the opinions I had already formed. Hopefully now I can add to that chorus of opinions and help spark a few lively debates

This is a crucial time in Bermuda, and more than ever I find that there is so much to comment on. So much to discuss. So much to debate. I hope I can contribute to those debates and therefore in some small way contribute to Bermuda's future because frank debates are exactly what Bermuda needs at this moment in time.

4 comments:

  1. “It is by the fortune of God that, in this country, we have three benefits: freedom of speech, freedom of thought, and the wisdom never to use either.” - Mark Twain

    The best part of freedom is that we each have a voice. It is more important now than ever, to be able to use that voice, and to share your vision. What you do with your voice is up to you, but please use it, and never lose it.

    namaste...

    sparxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Nioe, to the Bermuda Blogosphere!

    I'll be putting a link up on my page as soon as I'm able.

    Good luck, amiga.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both :)

    I'll have your blog up soon too Uncle Elvis. Just added a few yesterday, the more complete list will surface as soon as I have the motivation to but, in the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on setting up the new blog, it's already proven popular in the blogosphere. You'll get a reciprocal link from my site very soon too.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete